Saturday, July 25, 2009

Jet Lag!

I woke up at 7 this morning, which I can never remember doing of my own accord. I can thank wonderful jet lag for that.
The whole of this summer vacation was the light at the end of the tunnel, and it seemed I was constantly waiting for it... Now that it's gone, I don't know what to do with my life. I have little more than a month until I need to be at school. There is of course work between now and then, but the less I think about mindless and menial Pizza Hut labor, the better.
I am, in general, excited for school to start. I have lots of very exciting classes this year, including a hands-on astronomy course where we get to use the school telescopes during labs (or so I think...), and music lessons for my truly horrible violin skills or lack thereof. But then I start to think about all the blundering neanderthals that comprise nearly 100% of the student population, the loud partying, the mounds of homework, the very hot weather and biking up that steep Jordan Avenue, and crappy college food...
I wanted to wash the stinky dog I'm dogsitting, but it inconveniently rained and stormed through the night and morning. My sister, who owns the dog, left with her family and another sister for a trip to Florida today, so there's not too many people to annoy.
I am feeling ambitious today, but I can't think of anything to do... Is it possible to feel inspired and lazy at the same time?? :)
I am right now listening to a free song I downloaded. It's called For Beginners by M. Ward. I really like it, so you should check it out too, because my word is law!!!
I'm off to fulfill myself by doing highly ambitious things! Like sitting around! And surfing the web!

2 comments:

Sarah A.T.J. said...

I hate the end of good things, like vacation. We'll have a little party this week or next and you can look forward to that!

Christine said...

Look forward to Charlotte visiting you the 6th! Yippee!