Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Things

I am officially back in Bloomington!

The most exciting news in my life recently has been the fact that this year I am the proud tenant of my first apartment. I began the move two weeks ago but finished last week and then spent some time getting everything unpacked and set up. The (preliminary) finished product:

My bedroom!

'Hallway' view from the living room.

Bathroom (obviously)

Kitchen

Living room

I really like the new place. The landlords are really nice and helpful. I've only met a few of the other tenants but they are friendly and nice. It's a pretty good location, and is even next to an adult bookstore (which I visited the other day with some friends... a very interesting place). It was recently renovated so has new carpet, drywall, etc... It's really exciting to finally have a place of my own!

This week started classes. It was sort of weird for school to be back in session, but things are going well. My classes this semester are:
-Electricity & Magnetism 1 (yuck)
-Analytical Mechanics
-Linear Algebra
-Italian 3
-Intro to Buddhism (fulfills TWO of my general requirements... score!)

My classes all seem pretty good so far, but I have a feeling E&M and Mechanics are gonna be tough. Fortunately I know a lot of people in both classes so have some study buddies. I still have my job as a FASE mentor, and am also doing research with an astro prof. Never a dull moment. Some of the more exciting aspects of the past week have been:
-Went sailing with my friend Steven, for which we had perfect weather and wind
-Had the first Friday Dinner then watched Sabrina at Bryan Park
-Had friends over for a housewarming party
-Bike broke and I had to carry it for .5 mile... Managed to mostly fix it though
-Bathtub drain broke but my nice neighbor helped me fix it
-I'm really diggin' bullet points today it seems

I already have a ton of homework, which makes me sad, but such is life. I'm glad to see all my friends again, and hopefully this year will prove to be just as fun and exciting as the previous ones.

1 comment:

Sarah A.T.J. said...

Like your apartment!!!!