Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Fitter Happier

As you've probably already noticed, I changed the layout of my blog! Or maybe you haven't noticed... All the blogs that I read I get updates from through google reader and rarely even visit the actual website. Technology these days...

I'm drinking some chai tea that I purchased in Flagstaff this summer. Cue the bittersweet nostalgia.

I can honestly say that this summer was by far the most exciting, memorable, and fun time of my life. I met numerous very cool people, saw nature at its most intense and awe-inspiring moments, got caught in a wildfire, did some amazing hiking/camping, did some really cool research, learned more dance, and made some amazing and truly fantastic friends. This summer will forever live in infamy, in the top echelon, a sort of dreamy and unreal time of my life when everything was perfect. When I drink this tea, it's like I'm transported back to Arizona: I'm sitting in the parking lot at McKay, my apartment building, talking on the phone, watching the clouds roll in over the San Fran peaks. A pristine day in Flagstaff. I'm happy in that carefree way where it seems that everything in your life is just going so perfectly. Work is satisfying (well, mostly), there are no obligations once I return home and am free to contentedly hang out with my friends all night, I'm physically active, there are mountains in my backyard, I write super cool fortran programs and plot fun things in SM, and I'm happily involved with the man that it seems I've been waiting my whole life for.

Isn't it strange how the most innocent and subtle of senses can trigger such an intense deja vu or memory of a specific time or point in your life? It always surprises me that such simple things such as a song or a smell or even a type of weather condition can take you back in time. Yeah. The weather.

Now fast-forward 2 months from that unrealistically perfect Flagstaff day.

1 comment:

Sarah A.T.J. said...

Better dressed....