Hello everyone! Today I am soliciting for help in recipe ideas.
Now that my day-to-day life has a predictable schedule (unlike during school), I find myself running out of good vegetarian lunch ideas that don't get boring. The requirements for lunch have to be that I can bring it to work and eat it cold or reheat in a microwave (no toaster oven).
Here are some of my repeat offenders for lunches I make:
- veggie sandwiches, with chips
- pasta of all sorts
- stir-fry with couscous/quinoa
- veggie tacos
- risotto
- polenta
I usually try to bring greek yogurt & granola and fruit every day, to make sure I'm eating some protein and fruit.
I love tofu and soy-products, and will eat almost any vegetable (don't like beets, zucchini, eggplant or red peppers that much).
Does anyone have any suggestions on lunch-friendly meals I can take to work daily? (preferably something that isn't in my list above, but those are ok too!) I usually make a big meal on Sunday and then bring it in until it runs out, so I'm ok with eating something a few days in a row. I sometimes will make lunch in morning daily (like sandwiches) so that's ok too.
Any suggestions are appreciated :)
Now that my day-to-day life has a predictable schedule (unlike during school), I find myself running out of good vegetarian lunch ideas that don't get boring. The requirements for lunch have to be that I can bring it to work and eat it cold or reheat in a microwave (no toaster oven).
Here are some of my repeat offenders for lunches I make:
- veggie sandwiches, with chips
- pasta of all sorts
- stir-fry with couscous/quinoa
- veggie tacos
- risotto
- polenta
I usually try to bring greek yogurt & granola and fruit every day, to make sure I'm eating some protein and fruit.
I love tofu and soy-products, and will eat almost any vegetable (don't like beets, zucchini, eggplant or red peppers that much).
Does anyone have any suggestions on lunch-friendly meals I can take to work daily? (preferably something that isn't in my list above, but those are ok too!) I usually make a big meal on Sunday and then bring it in until it runs out, so I'm ok with eating something a few days in a row. I sometimes will make lunch in morning daily (like sandwiches) so that's ok too.
Any suggestions are appreciated :)
1 comment:
What about breakfast burritos? Sometimes I make large batches of breakfast burritos, wrap them individually in wax paper, and stick them in the freezer. Then we have easy breakfast or whenever meals for a couple of weeks. Last time I made a little assembly line of tortillas, scrambled egg, some cheese, some sauteed veggies, etc. Easy and yum. Pair with some fresh fruit and you're good to go. Now I'm wishing that I had been less of a lazy cook the last few weeks. ;)
Oh, and I'm kind of obsessed with the wholly guacamole 100-calorie packs. Since they are already portioned out, you can open a pack without worrying about the rest going brown too quickly.
Post a Comment