Not much has been happening here (well, anything exciting).
Today is the big advisory board meeting at Lowell, so the building is eerily quiet and seemingly empty. It's really been cooling down here in Flagstaff the past day or two. It's currently 60F, and tomorrow the high is 58! Yikes!
Some various pieces of news:
- Next week a few of the other students and myself are going to see the Iron Maiden and Dream Theater concert in Phoenix.
- This is a perfect time to observe Comet McNaught. It should be visible naked eye next week!
- For those of you who ever nagged me about buying new shoes, well I finally bought some new running shoes the other day. The new ones work really great! Now I don't have to superglue them every week...
- Woops. I had to edit this post. I was going to go to the John Hall Telescope next Thursday with my advisor and his previous summer student from last year. The telescope is 42 inches and located at Anderson Mesa, Lowell's main observing hub that's about 12 miles from where I work. Unfortunately I just realized it is the same day as the concert I mentioned just previously. Bummer. My advisor says we will go sometime in July, though. The things I do for Dream Theater.
I feel that no post is complete without a photo, so here a couple pictures I took on a longer-than-anticipated walk the other day. There are hardly ever any clouds out here so the sunsets aren't that exciting. I'm fairly certain I saw a lenticular cloud the other day though!
1 comment:
Yay, new running shoes. I know it's always hard to give up the old ones, but it's for the best (trust me). Enjoy the cooler weather for a few days; I'm sure you'll be exclaiming your love for the hot weather again all too soon. I like the pics!
Post a Comment