Flagstaff is a runner's dream. They have a system called Flagstaff Urban Trail System. There are so many cool places to run!
This past weekend we went to the DCT in Happy Jack, about 40 miles from Flagstaff. We got to see the telescope they are building there. It's still in progress, but it was really cool! The dome and telescope were actually much larger than I had anticipated. It was also really astounding to see a 4.2 meter mirror...!

Here I am, looking way too excited, in front of the unfinished DCT.
Sunday we went to Sedona, some place I'd never heard of until I came here. It was really cool though! We went for a hike down the West Fork Trail to Oak Creek Canyon. There was indeed a creek (gasp! Water in Arizona!?)! The rock formations were really neat and exciting. I don't know what else to say... it's kind of hard to describe red rocks.

Christine, myself, and Teresa on a big rock. I am quite afraid of heights.
The image above is a really neat rock wall. It kind of looked like somebody just went through and carved it out. It's hard to get a perspective, but it's actually very tall!
This is Oak Creek Canyon. Water!
The hike was cake compared to the Canyon, but was still lots of fun. That night we went to Kathy, the program director's, house for a potluck. Lots of good food and company.
Pretty much during the week, I wake up, go to work, sit at a computer doing work, leave 8 hours later, and go home. Since I didn't bring a computer here, I have to find creative ways to entertain myself once I get back to my apartment. Lately I've taken up playing the harmonica. I don't know how the other people in my apartment feel about this, but I've gotten really good at 'The Saints Go Marching In'. Tonight I hope to learn 'Hey Jude'. I've been reading a lot, and going old-school by playing the Gameboy Color I brought along (Pokemon Blue and Lemmings anyone?).
On a very mundane note, the other day I bought Rosemary & Mint shampoo/conditioner. It's... interesting. It definitely lives up to the scent. And lastly, I will leave you with this photo of Teresa and I in Sedona. SHOOTOUT!

2 comments:
That all looks so exciting! Rosemary & Mint? Seems...suspicious, at least. I really like the rock pictures, but it's kinda hard to see you in the other pictures.
That pic of you and Teresa is awesome. Definitely profile picture worthy.
Post a Comment