Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Some Things

My beautiful Autumn decorations, skillfully cut and wound by Jenny and Lauren
Last Friday Dinner was in the spirit of Autumn and Fall-themed. As a double-header, we also celebrated Halloween by wearing costumes (those of us that were cool enough to dress up). On the Autumn Menu:

-Barley with peppers from Steven's garden
-Homemade bread
-Green beans
-Sweet potato
-Soup
-Pumpkin bread
-Pumpkin pie
-Steven's homemade rhubarb sorbet
-A nice white wine
-Hot cider to top it all off


Such a happy family we make! From left: me, Alec, Jenny, (Steven taking picture), and Lauren. Eric, as always, is late.
 Let the apple bobbing begin! I can remember bobbing for apples once ever in my life and it was very long ago. I went into it thinking it would be a piece of cake. YEAH RIGHT.
Superman's first attempt. Not as easy as it looks.

Eric and I try to tag-team it by using teamwork. Another fail.
 After much eating and talking, we played piano and sang a myriad of songs late into the night. Inevitably things ended with Steven and I going through the score of Joseph & The Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. All in all, a great night.

Oh, I suppose that I forgot to mention who came in costume. Jenny was Superman, Alec a cowboy, Eric dressed as Con, a professor in the astro department.
I of course portrayed Gravity, dressing up as a tree. When people asked what I was, I would drop an apple (that I carried with me all day, waiting with palpable excitement for someone to ask what I supposed to be) and say '9.8 m/s/s'.
All in a day's work for this uber-nerd.
Finally I just cheat and push the apple to the bottom, sinking my whole face in. BUT I GOT THAT APPLE. (Look at that guilty face...)




1 comment:

Sarah A.T.J. said...

Can I just say: YOUR LIFE IS RIDICULOUSLY ENTERTAINING!!!!!