Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Let The Good Times Roll

Classes officially resume again on Monday, but I am taking a stand against education and deciding to skip the first week of school to play hooky and watch TV and eat potato chips all day.

Not really, of course. I'm going to Seattle for the AAS (American Astronomical Society) annual meeting. It's a 5-day long conference during which astronomers from all over the US get together to present research, exchange ideas, and in general get to know others. I'm presenting a poster about my research I did this summer at Lowell. And it's in Seattle! Woohoo! The conference technically lasts until Thursday, but I'm going to be staying until the following Sunday, spending the last few days around Seattle and the area. See some sights, visit some friends, have a last hurrah for winter break.

Speaking of winter break. This break has been so busy! I began and finished my poster (WAY more work than it might have been due to having to re-do a large portion of my summer work...), helped my sister fix up her new house (not much because I'm lazy), put a lot of miles on my car, lost and consequently got a new debit card, took my cat to get spayed and vaccines (poor Moka....), visited with lots of friends and family, and started looking at internships for this summer! Woo!
Who needs to relax?! I'm the kind of person who thrives on busy-ness, but I will be the first to admit sometimes you just need a break. I feel this break wasn't really a "break" at all, but it was fun!

Tomorrow it's off back to Dear Old Bloomington for a pitstop before heading to Seattle on Sunday! Never a dull moment! :)

No comments: