I just stumbled across this old post I never published... a bit old news, but here :P This blog serves just as much as a journal for me as it does for you, so I'm still going to post it!
----------------------------------------------------------
Some random happenings in my life recently...
Went and saw Rush in Phoenix with two of the other REU students, Vivienne and Phil. This was the same tour/show that I saw last August in St. Louis, but it was just as freakin' amazing as it was then.
Had a pool party at NOAO astronomer Katie's house. She and her husband (I'm blanking on his name, but he works at NOAO as well) are wonderful, nice people. They have a pool party every year for the REU students. It was a nice escape from the Tucson heat.
After the pool party, that evening we all piled into the NOAO van and headed to the Desert Museum. Even though I had already been there with Jenny, this was also exciting because we went in the evening. Animals Jenny and I didn't see before were out, and we also got to find scorpions with UV flashlights!!! It was great, and I even saw a momma scorpion with dozens of babies on her back.
Me and 3 other REU's, Vivienne, Phil and Morgan (can you tell who the dweebs are in the group?) saw all 3 Lord of the Rings extended edition movies in the local theater. IT. WAS. EPIC. (and long)
I feel like I've done more things, but I guess not... but in the meantime, get ready for a booty-licious post in the future...
---------------------------------------------
(I wonder what booty-licious post I was referring to....?)
----------------------------------------------------------
Some random happenings in my life recently...
Went and saw Rush in Phoenix with two of the other REU students, Vivienne and Phil. This was the same tour/show that I saw last August in St. Louis, but it was just as freakin' amazing as it was then.
Had a pool party at NOAO astronomer Katie's house. She and her husband (I'm blanking on his name, but he works at NOAO as well) are wonderful, nice people. They have a pool party every year for the REU students. It was a nice escape from the Tucson heat.
After the pool party, that evening we all piled into the NOAO van and headed to the Desert Museum. Even though I had already been there with Jenny, this was also exciting because we went in the evening. Animals Jenny and I didn't see before were out, and we also got to find scorpions with UV flashlights!!! It was great, and I even saw a momma scorpion with dozens of babies on her back.
Me and 3 other REU's, Vivienne, Phil and Morgan (can you tell who the dweebs are in the group?) saw all 3 Lord of the Rings extended edition movies in the local theater. IT. WAS. EPIC. (and long)
I feel like I've done more things, but I guess not... but in the meantime, get ready for a booty-licious post in the future...
---------------------------------------------
(I wonder what booty-licious post I was referring to....?)
1 comment:
I'm looking forward to the bootylicious post.....
Post a Comment