Saturday, December 10, 2011

Playing Catchup

Instead of writing in detail, get ready for pictures in detail. OK, I know I went to Colorado ~4 months ago, but here you go. I went to visit my friend Eric (who was in my internship last summer) who was currently in Colorado for the summer. I flew to LA then to Denver (most illogical layover EVER, but I did get to see the sun set on the ocean!). I stayed with Eric for his last night in Boulder, CO before we started on our road trip back to Tucson (1000+ miles!). You may ask why I flew to CO, then drove back. We wanted to visit lots of landmarks and explore a bit, so driving was the way to go!


An abbreviated (if you can believe it) history of the trip. I'll skip all the details about getting lost trying to find campgrounds, camping in the middle of some national forest, meeting interesting/strange people we along the way, and all the shenanigans accomplished along the way. Let the photos commence!


Day 2:
The Flatirons of Boulder behind. Crazy Eric in front.
Way above Boulder! How many hikers can you spot??
The sunset on the way to Ward, CO and our campground.
 Day 3:
The drive to the Rockies early in the morning! Beautiful trees (just waiting to be burnt).
The view from Lake Isabelle in the Rockies! The snowmelt made for pristine (and FREEZING) water!
Lake Isabelle below during our short trip into the Rockies!
 What I looked like throughout most of the trip. The scenery was amazing!
Just one of the beautiful scenes on our trip through the Rockies!
Cool patterns on the mountains in CO.
Wait, what is that below the mountains?? THAT'S RIGHT. SAND DUNES.
The Great Sand Dunes in southwest CO. I honestly didn't even know these existed prior to the trip!
Standing on the top of a sand dune... with mountains behind? Nature is cool.
Day 3:
Cliff dwellings on Mesa Verde Park, southwest CO.

More cliff dwellings!
Eric the photographer! The view from Mesa Verde, CO.
Standing on 4 states at once! Four corners, USA.
On our way to Canyon de Chelly, AZ.
The drive in northeast AZ to Canyon de Chelly.
 Day 4:
Canyon de Chelly, AZ. Sheer cliffs!!! Native Americans still live in the canyon!

Don't worry Mom, I didn't fall.
Back in Tucson, AZ!

No comments: