Saturday, July 14, 2012

Man on Wire

Last night I hung out with an old friend and some new friends, and we watched a Sundance film called Man on Wire. My friend Nate introduced it by saying it was "a documentary about a tightrope walker", and that it was "riveting". I had a hard time believing any documentary could be riveting, but we watched it nonetheless.


All I have to say is it was riveting, and that you must see this movie. It details the life of Phillipe Petit, who had an impossible dream to walk a highwire across the twin World Trade Centers in 1974. The story impacts you in a way that simultaneously makes you feel totally insignificant and unaccomplished, as well as completely in awe of the beauty of human inspiration.

The cinematography was superb, the soundtrack fantastic, and the storyline was told in a very capturing way. Wikipedia says "Film review aggregator Rotten Tomatoes reported that 100% of the 150 reviews they have collected have been positive. It is currently the best reviewed movie on the website." It won the Academy Award for Best Documentary. I highly recommend this movie!



No comments: