Recently I'm finding myself in the situation of having to say lots of goodbyes to good friends. I've had a lot to think about, and a lot of time to do it while driving to and from Baltimore. I listened to The Battle for Everything on the way back, which I haven't done in several years. I've always loved the beginning of this song.
Take off your shoes
Take off your self
Take off your rented mental health
Take off your raincoat, settle down
Take off your nightmare and your frown
There is a place for you to go
To see another ringer in a rock show
Take my pretense for a time
Cause I wanna say to you
I'm nobody
Without you, buddy
You, buddy
My long-lost friend
-Five for Fighting
Take off your shoes
Take off your self
Take off your rented mental health
Take off your raincoat, settle down
Take off your nightmare and your frown
There is a place for you to go
To see another ringer in a rock show
Take my pretense for a time
Cause I wanna say to you
I'm nobody
Without you, buddy
You, buddy
My long-lost friend
-Five for Fighting

No comments:
Post a Comment