Thursday, October 18, 2012

Quote of the Day


Matt: How is your tarantula? Please tell me it is doing better

me: DUDE. I was really scared so the first thing I did when I got home is look at her- she was in a different spot! I tapped the cage a lot but she didn't move. Later I came back and she was in a different place again. She is clearly alive, maybe recovering from molting so won't respond to my polite taps. It is rather tedious to shed your exoskeleton.

Matt: I know that when I have to do it I tend to lounge around for the next couple of days.

- Conversation between myself and friend Matt

(A few days ago Zelda the tarantula molted. I was mortified when I came home from work and saw TWO tarantulas. While this is very cool that she shed her exoskeleton, this morning she was sprawled out very oddly and I tapped on the glass to see if she was ok. She did not move. I tapped harder. Still nothing. I told some of my coworkers about earlier how I was nervous she was dying/ill.)

No comments: