I found a photocopied recipe while cleaning up some stuff in my bookshelf today: "Just like Red Lobster's cheese garlic biscuits". I am going to a party/bonfire tonight so thought I may make them. I'm not sure where the recipe came from- I probably copied it from a newspaper clipping recipe my mom had.
The recipe is very easy and good, but I think it can be improved. Here is my (BETTER) version:
- 2 cups biscuit baking mix
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (the sharper the better, you can grate your own or buy it shredded)
- 1 or 2 TB melted margarine/butter
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Stir baking mix, milk and cheese until combined. Then beat vigorously with wooden spoon for about 30 seconds.
- Drop dough onto ungreased baking sheet. Bake ~10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, stir together melted butter and garlic powder. Brush over biscuits as soon as they are done.
- ENJOY cheesy garlic deliciousness!
This recipe only makes about 9/10 biscuits (the original recipe quotes it as 10-12 which is definitely not true). Double or triple for lots of biscuit love. :)
The recipe is very easy and good, but I think it can be improved. Here is my (BETTER) version:
- 2 cups biscuit baking mix
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (the sharper the better, you can grate your own or buy it shredded)
- 1 or 2 TB melted margarine/butter
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Stir baking mix, milk and cheese until combined. Then beat vigorously with wooden spoon for about 30 seconds.
- Drop dough onto ungreased baking sheet. Bake ~10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, stir together melted butter and garlic powder. Brush over biscuits as soon as they are done.
- ENJOY cheesy garlic deliciousness!
This recipe only makes about 9/10 biscuits (the original recipe quotes it as 10-12 which is definitely not true). Double or triple for lots of biscuit love. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment