Sunday, October 2, 2011

Hello October!

Sorry for two totally inane posts in one day. I PROMISE I will try my best to actually update this site with worthwhile posts.

First, please let me rant! I believe I can say with all honesty that the past seven days have been the most busy ones of my undergraduate academic career. Missing two days of class is detrimental when taking 21 credit hours... Put on top of that two lab reports, a presentation to the department on research I haven't considered in two months, a huge grad class project, 4 hours of the general GRE, completely boring 18th century Italian texts, last-minute making of a cardboat boat and yes FINALLY I can breathe thankyouverymuch.

Phew. Ok, now that I'm done whining. I expect the rest of the semester to go a bit better. I have been away every weekend since school started, and taking two days of the week off is difficult to catch up on. No more traveling, more studying and sleeping!

Anyway. Fall is in the air and the crisp smell of autumn leaves makes my heart happy! Soon to be- apple cider, orchard visits, Riley Festival, pumpkin carving, demo shows, and Halloween! :) Don't forget about the annual "This is what I did in October post"- keep a keen eye out for it.... 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

First of all:

That last post was entirely worthwhile. I read it THREE times :)

Secondly, I think I'm having your hell week this week :(

Enjoy Riley Days for me!

Lots of love (and why don't you ever propose to me?! lol jk...kind of) ;)

Naomi